Running School Fundraisers
School fundraisers are a wonderful way to get kids, parents, teachers, school administrators and the entire community to support your school’s goals.
School fundraisers can help you meet a wide variety of goals for your school, from supporting your sports teams to academic clubs to school bands.
For many years, school fundraisers relied on students selling products such as cookies, candy or gift-wrap. Students were required to raise funds by selling these products to their parents and relatives, or by going door-to-door selling them to neighbors. Sometimes, parents were handed the entire burden for school fundraisers, bringing products to their workplaces and trying to sell them to co-workers.
Today, many schools are looking for ways to engage both parents and kids, as well as school staff and other community members in their school fundraisers, and to alleviate any danger posed by students going door-to-door selling wares.
Silent auctions and live auctions have proven to be a reliable, risk-free way for many schools to raise needed funds.
Live Art Auctions
For school organizations in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, Signature Auctions can also organize a stand-alone Live Art Auction Event that will raise thousands of dollars for your group with no financial risk. You will achieve your fundraising goals and treat your supporters to an exciting and entertaining evening featuring 150-175 elegantly framed works of decorative and fine art along with a smattering of sports memorabilia. For more information on our Live Auction Events, please click here.
Silent Auction Service
Auctions featuring vintage sports memorabilia have the added benefit of tying in perfectly with school fundraising. Today, most, if not all, school fundraisers are comprised of honorees, guests, supporters or alumni with a sports background (either recreationally or professionally). These people are passionate about sports and are always looking to bid on items in sports memorabilia auctions.
A silent auction filled with sensational sports and entertainment memorabilia as well as objects d’art (for New York Metro area charities only) also adds an additional dimension to your school fundraiser. It provides a great draw for your guests and another reason for people to attend your event. It also can provide a significant revenue source for your school.
Whether you’re a large university or a mid-size parochial school, most school fundraisers are still put together with the help of a small, overworked staff. With all the details and guests to attend to, Signature Auctions has two programs to relieve you of the silent auction burden.
When planning an auction school fundraiser, some tips to consider include:
- Build a strong, diverse organizing committee – include school staff, students and parents as well as interested community members. It can also help to have at least one member with local media contacts on board.
- Plan for plenty of food and drink at the fundraiser.
- Publicize – let the media know about your school fundraiser well in advance. If your organizing committee includes a member with media contacts, ask him or her to supply them with a press kit including a press release with information about the school and the fundraising event.
- Get volunteers to help – involve as many people as is practical and give them something useful and helpful to do, such as checking coats, directing guests to food and beverages, and teaching bidders how to fill out auction cards.
- Prepare timelines – map out a schedule for all preparations with dates and responsibilities, and create a schedule for the events on the day of your school fundraiser.
Please call us at 1-888-4-BID-UPS (1-888-424-3877) or contact us at Signature Auctions so we can discuss your auction needs for your next school fundraiser.